Thursday 1 May 2014

Cadbury Cake

Cake Time!!!!!!!!!!!


Yesterday, I made this delicious Cadbury chocolate cake. This cake is sooo easy to make and it works out well every time. Yesterday I made cupcakes and a cake since I had more cake batter than I anticipated. This is how it looked. Ok to start of with I am no baking maestro. I am sorry about how cracked the muffins are though .......     












This is cake not bread.





I found this recipe on the back of the Cadbury coca powder box, so technically this recipe belongs to Cadbury.

For this recipe you will need.


1) 2 cups of flour.
 
2) 5 tablespoons of  Cadbury's coca powder.

3) 1 teaspoon of baking powder

4) 100gms of butter ( at room temperature)

5) 3 eggs

6) 1 cup of sugar ( I prefer granulated or icing sugar.)

7) 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
 
8) Milk ( this depends on how dry your batter is.)



Method 

Combine the flour, coca powder and the baking powder in one bowl. Then take another bowl, first combine  the butter and sugar together to form a creamy mixture. Then add the eggs and the vanilla extract to the mixture. Then combine the two mixtures together. Now add milk, slowly to reach the perfect consistency. Add milk a little  at a time so that the mixture does not become too runny. The mixture should look something like this-
 
 
 

I don't know if this is weird but I often prefer eating the cake batter just like that.
 
 After this just grease and flour your cake moulds and pour the batter into them.
 

 

 
 Then put in the oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 30 minutes. When you take the cake out of the oven, poke a toothpick in the middle to check if it has baked thoroughly. If it has baked then let it cool for 5 minutes or so. Then flip the cake tin and gently tap the underside of the cake tin. Don't use a hammer to tap the cake tin, I speak from personal experience. If the cake does not come out drag a knife along the inner edges of the cake tin.
 
 
And that's all you can use icing on it but I am sort of lazy soooo.......
 
I hope you have fun making this delicious cake, Bye!!!


1 comment: